Our partners in BC Recreation Sites and Trails have made the decision to close/limit use of the parks and recreation areas in BC. As the mandate includes day use areas that have ticket booths our season has come to an abrupt end.
The link to the alert is included below. It is a disappointment but we are supportive of the governments direction and most importantly the safety of our team and our riders.
It is your choice to continue to use the trails. However, we have ceased grooming operations and as we will not be on site, we strongly recommend you continue to check weather and avalanche conditions before heading into the mountains.
We had an incredible season thanks to you and all our incredible sponsors. We encourage you to continue checking our website when in need of anything from tires to accommodation, from HVAC to Health Care and support those that ensure the success of our not for profit business.
Once again we thank you for your support over the year and hope that everyone is staying safe and healthy.
Thank you to all folks that purchased a ticket to help support Sled Blue River. Total pot for February was $410 with @205 going to the lucky winner. If this is your ticket email us at email@example.com
Grading of the Finn Creek FSR will begin February 24, 2020. We have been working hard with our groomer team and a crew of volunteers to build a new route “the connector” off the Foam Creek trail. This trail will allow continued access to Salmon and Ground Hog. The trail will be well signed and we will have information at the booth and on our website shortly.
Links to articles that will provide more background information are included below.
If you have questions or comments after reading the article we suggest you direct them to the following:
February 17, 2020
A short while ago we were informed that there will be winter logging activity at Finn Creek. To access the logging area the contractors will be grading the road we use to access Salmon and Ground Hog. We may lose the use of the road as early as February 24, 2020 and it is likely the road will not reopen this season.
However, working closely with our partners in the government, board of directors and our grooming team we have established an alternate access to the zones. We are still working out the exact details on the route but are confident it will be set by the start date for the logging. We will be posting more information on the website and social media in the coming days. All access will begin via the Foam Creek trail and the booth attendants will be able to answer any an all questions regarding the route.
We are certainly disappointed that the recreational tourism industry, which is vital to the economics of Blue River, was not given more consideration when this decision was made. We have been in constant communication with the British Columbia Snowmobile Federation, local government and higher level provincial governments to help them understand the impact to our sport and our community. You will see articles in the local papers and BRPPS has a meeting with the Ministry of Tourism in the coming weeks.
We will do our best to ensure all riders are informed as the situation develops. If you have any specific questions please feel free to write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sled Town Show Down
We are in the final four for what is rightfully ours. “Best Sled Town in BC”
The competition is tight and we need your votes!!
Ground Hog East and West will be closed until further notice for search and rescue operations.
We will update you as soon as we are able. At this point our other zones remain open. As always…be safe and know your riding area.
A giant thank you to the Onslow family for working hard to clear the trails of downed trees for the groomers!
It has been a long wait but we are finally feeling strong for an opening day of December 6 for 2019. Yes! Tomorrow.
We will have staff at each of our trail heads so do stop in for up to date information. We are excited for the season and look forward to the year. Thank you in advance for your support and we hope everyone has a great ‘official’ day one.
We are working together with forestry and our grooming team to get things set as soon as the snow conditions allow. At this point our formal opening day is likely to be December 7, 2019 but if you head out Friday December 6 you just might see our Booth Team in place! We will know more later this evening.
The snow conditions in the alpine continue to improve, however, the lower valley snow is not yet allowing for easy access.
Regardless of our opening day, if you are coming to ride please check the home page of our website for updates on the zones so you are prepared for potential industrial traffic. We will do our best to keep things updated.